Japan-based aluminium parts supplier UACJ Corporation has opened a new research and development (R&D) centre in Chicago, Illinois.
The UACJ Group is expanding its aluminium business: BiW panels, structural materials and parts for automobile, heat exchanger materials for automobile and air conditioner, and can stock and aluminium materials for IT product in North America.
In particular, against the background of severe environmental regulations, the need for lightweight automotive materials is increasing due to the growing demand for fuel efficiency improvement (gasoline and diesel car) and cruise range improvement (electric car).
Establishing the research and development base in North America enables UACJ to support product development and production technology for each UACJ production base and respond to customer needs accurately and promptly.
Going forward, R&D Center (North America) will expand global research and development activities in high growth business domains and promote new product and new technology according to customer needs by collaborating with R&D Center in Japan.
- Name: R&D Center (North America)
- Location: UACJ North America, Inc. (Chicago, Illinois)
- Established: April 1, 2018
- President Yasuhiro Hosomi (UACJ Executive Officer, Vice Chief Executive Research & Development Division).
About UACJ North America, Inc.
- Location: 200 West Madison Street Suite 2150, Chicago, IL 60606
- Established: March 1, 2016
- Capital: $62,400,000
- CEO: Teruo Kawashima (UACJ Executive Officer).