Bosch, the German automotive supplier, has revealed its plan to invest $150 million in 2018 across its projects in Mexico. Michael Schmitt, Senior vice president and plant manager at Bosch-Toluca made this announcement in a conference to the local media.
Schmitt said that 80% of all the manufacturing undertaken by Bosch in Mexico is either exported to US and Canada or is being used in Mexico. The rest of the 20% is exported to Asia, Europe and South America.
Toluca plant, earlier known as Automagneto, opened 52 years ago and since the past 27 year, it has been operating under the name of Bosch Toluca.
This plant exclusively serves the automotive industry and manufactures various parts such as engines, braking systems, thermal systems, gasoline pumps, low pressure sensors, etc. The Toluca plant produces 125,000 engines per day, which means 1.5 engines are made every second at the facility.
Bosch Toluca sold electric motors, electric parts and automotive solutions approximately worth $1 billion in 2017. Schmitt said that the current objective of the plant was to set an example for Bosch worldwide, in terms of safety and quality.