Automotive interior manufacturer, Yanfeng opened doors to its newest technical centre at the O’Donnell Aeropuerto industrial park in Queretaro, Mexico.
A ribbon cutting ceremony was held with company leaders, government officials and customers to celebrate its opening. The 12,000 square feet facility, located adjacent to the company’s manufacturing plant is focused on product engineering, advanced manufacturing, advanced quality and program management.
The company is already present at three locations in Mexico supplying parts to major OEMs such as Daimler Trucks, FCA and GM among others. Yanfeng has been operating in Mexico under a joint venture with Adient, an automotive seat manufacturer, where Yanfeng owns 70% of the venture and Adient, the remaining 30%.
The new centre built on an investment of around $50 million, is believed to be supplying parts mainly to BMW, GM among other car makers who have facilities in the vicinity.
Yanfeng has created 1200 employment opportunities in Mexico since its arrival in the country in five years ago.